Kick and Ban - El Alamein, April 19.

Appeal a Ban Here
danwarlordy

Kick and Ban - El Alamein, April 19.

Post by danwarlordy » Sat Apr 19, 2014 5:04 pm

K, So. I was playing on El Alamein on Saturday, April 19 at about 4:30pm, EST. I was kicked several times, then banned. Here's what happened.

Three separate Allied players were spawn camping around the German base. One was spawn camping with a sniper rifle, the other was spam-nading from inside the hangar beside the ammo box, and the other was hanging out somewhere off-base with the Sexton, repeatedly firing at the spawn point.

At first I was just irritated with them, and rightfully called them out. When they started trying to defend their actions, I got angry and started swearing. I got kicked twice for swearing, but I really wanted to get the point across, so I kept logging back in.

Eventually, I did lose my temper and started outright swearing and spamming the chat. Then I got banned.

While I am sorry for spamming the chat and using curses, I'm not sorry for calling a bunch of spawn-campers out. When no admin steps up and takes control, I feel it's my duty as a player to call someone out. When they defend their poor sportsmanship and try to flip the tables on me, I get angry and react.

I'd like my ban lifted please (DanWarLord). I can promise that I will not be spamming the chat or disrupting the server again. Thank you.

Tooncinator

Re: Kick and Ban - El Alamein, April 19.

Post by Tooncinator » Sun Apr 20, 2014 7:00 pm

Spawn-camping is not only allowed.......................it's highly encouraged, respected and often over-abused by those who have mastered it!

LOL spawn-camping with a sniper rifle !!!!!!!!!!

Stop man, my stomach is starting to hurt...............thx

danwarlordy

Post by danwarlordy » Tue Apr 22, 2014 9:20 am

Tooncinator wrote:Spawn-camping is not only allowed.......................it's highly encouraged, respected and often over-abused by those who have mastered it!

LOL spawn-camping with a sniper rifle !!!!!!!!!!

Stop man, my stomach is starting to hurt...............thx
1. Well, that's the thing right. How do you master something that by definition requires no talent or skill.
2. Thanks for admitting it's abused. I'd noticed that.
3. Again, how can you be respected for something that requires no skill. That's like saying that you can be respected for walking or breathing.
4. Yeah, spawn camping with a sniper rifle. As in there's a scope trained on your head the second you appear.
5. You might want to see a doctor about your stomach. Also might want to see a psychologist - I suspect you've got something wrong upstairs.

Have good one.

So, any real mods want to hear the appeal? I'm more than willing to discuss it. :)

Uncle Kevin

Post by Uncle Kevin » Tue Apr 22, 2014 3:49 pm

Toonce is about as real of an admin as they get. You were banned by Joey and he is the only person who can unban you.
Just remember that with our map even when someone is spawn camping you ALWAYS have the chance to spawn somewhere else.

danwarlordy

Post by danwarlordy » Tue Apr 22, 2014 5:28 pm

Uncle Kevin wrote:Toonce is about as real of an admin as they get. You were banned by Joey and he is the only person who can unban you.
Just remember that with our map even when someone is spawn camping you ALWAYS have the chance to spawn somewhere else.
So... the admin response to my appeal was an admin more interested in ripping on me and defending crappy sportsmanship than actually discussing the appeal. Interesting.

I don't quite understand how the person who banned me is the only person who can un-ban me. By your own admission, there are other admins. Do not all admins share the ability to ban, kick or unban? Don't really know how that works.

And normally I'd agree, why not just spawn somewhere else? But on Alamein, if you're Axis and want an airplane or vehicle, you have spawn at that in-base point, or else you're likely walking for ten minutes.

Tooncinator

Post by Tooncinator » Wed Apr 23, 2014 2:15 pm

Suck it up princess..............spawn somewhere else and stop your crying. I wasn't ripping on you, I was just pointing out the cold hard facts of the server. If you cant handle the truth............well. This is a server for big boys so put away the huggies and put on your big boy pants.

Any of us have the tools to unban you but our policy is as most other servers where only the banning admin can or should remove a ban he imposed. We are a team and that is part of the teamwork.
Its a matter of common courtesy. Why would I lift your ban imposed by Joey based on your explanation or request? If he found it necessary to ban you then who am I to remove it? Think about it.

"While I am sorry for spamming the chat and using curses, I'm not sorry for calling a bunch of spawn-campers out. When no admin steps up and takes control, I feel it's my duty as a player to call someone out. When they defend their poor sportsmanship and try to flip the tables on me, I get angry and react."

Who is doing the ripping here? ^^^^^^ If I was in-game at the time you were complaining then I would have laughed it off then and explained how ludicrous your request/complaint was. Your childish reaction is what got you banned as it seems.

If you still want to play here, spawn-camping and all................. your best bet will be to come to TS and resolve it with the banning admin. He is usually on TS.

danwarlordy

Post by danwarlordy » Tue Apr 29, 2014 10:06 pm

Tooncinator wrote:Suck it up princess..............spawn somewhere else and stop your crying. I wasn't ripping on you, I was just pointing out the cold hard facts of the server. If you cant handle the truth............well. This is a server for big boys so put away the huggies and put on your big boy pants.
Oh, I could care less about some admin (read: internet nobody) outright insulting me for no reason, but that's not what happened here. I posted a legitimate grievance in the appropriate thread, and you laughed it off instead of responding professionally.

And for the record, if originally you were just pointing out the hard facts of the server, then IMO, there's something wrong with your server. But that's another story.
Any of us have the tools to unban you but our policy is as most other servers where only the banning admin can or should remove a ban he imposed. We are a team and that is part of the teamwork.
Its a matter of common courtesy. Why would I lift your ban imposed by Joey based on your explanation or request? If he found it necessary to ban you then who am I to remove it? Think about it.
Or another admin could discuss the matter and make a decision, or could inform Joey of the appeal. There's better options than what you've got going on here.

I see little purpose in having a ban appeal thread where the player appealing the ban has to post on the forum, then await instructions on where to contact the banning admin. It seems so much more productive and organized to have any admin that responds to an appeal have the authority to make a decision. Or have the admins that respond be more proactive in the process of contacting the banning admin and arranging the appeal. Or have an admin whose duties include hearing appeals and making a decision - a judge, per se.
"While I am sorry for spamming the chat and using curses, I'm not sorry for calling a bunch of spawn-campers out. When no admin steps up and takes control, I feel it's my duty as a player to call someone out. When they defend their poor sportsmanship and try to flip the tables on me, I get angry and react."

Who is doing the ripping here? ^^^^^^ If I was in-game at the time you were complaining then I would have laughed it off then and explained how ludicrous your request/complaint was. Your childish reaction is what got you banned as it seems.
  • I know it was childish. That's why I apologized.
  • That's a false analogy - the two situations aren't comparable. You, an admin, were ripping on me in response to a legit, appropriate ban appeal. I was freaking out on several players for poor sportsmanship and what I feel is cheating.
  • What you would have done is moot. What's relevant is what happened between me, the other players, and Joey.
If you still want to play here, spawn-camping and all................. your best bet will be to come to TS and resolve it with the banning admin. He is usually on TS.
Of course I still want to play on the server. But I'd rather have my appeal be dealt with properly and kindly from the get-go. I'm also unwilling to chase admins over the entirety of the internet when I've already posted the appeal in the appropriate thread on your clan server.

Uncle Kevin

Post by Uncle Kevin » Wed Apr 30, 2014 5:34 pm

Well after reading all of that............lets make this very simple: Appeal denied.

Tooncinator

Post by Tooncinator » Wed Apr 30, 2014 10:00 pm

don't say I didn't try.......................

This is the guy you need to talk to on TeamSpeak OK. This is usually how he resolves situations like this.

Hey this's X

Post by Hey this's X » Wed Apr 30, 2014 11:11 pm

Wow! Sorry for interrupting your discussion, but is that the TS HQ for HKHP? :D