Keeping the game alive

General Discussion Forum. If it doesn't fit anywhere else, it goes here!
Bigfoot

Keeping the game alive

Post by Bigfoot » Sat May 24, 2014 2:24 am

As most of us know, Gamespy will be shutting down its servers for good May 31st, 2014. This means when opening the game and going to the server list, the game will freeze when clicking on any of the servers. Fortunately, there are a couple of programs that a few of the HKHP regulars have made to allow us to connect to the top servers.

In addition, I have found an article that links to the AX server forums with a workaround for the server list in the game. It involved a modified EXE file and adding an IP to your hosts file. You can read more about the fix here: http://forum.bf1942.sk/gamespy

Glad to see the community is coming up with some great ways to keep the game alive! :D

Hey this's X

Re: Keeping the game alive

Post by Hey this's X » Mon May 26, 2014 5:16 am

Thanks for the info and link, helped me understand the situation better and have a look at the available solutions. :D

Cheers for our beloved game, long live BF1942 :)

Bigfoot

Post by Bigfoot » Wed May 28, 2014 12:45 am

Another site has a couple of other solutions as well as the patched EXE: http://ea117.com/gamespy

Hey this's X

Post by Hey this's X » Wed May 28, 2014 1:17 am

Also, MissileSilo has developed a simple program to get the server list and start playing rightaway without having to even open BF1942 (obviously, when we join a server, the game will open, but it'll bypass the Multiplayer hang thing). That works pretty fine too.

Bigfoot

Post by Bigfoot » Sat May 31, 2014 9:27 pm

For those who do not know where to find it, you can find the download link for MissileSilo's program in this thread:
http://hkhp.us/viewtopic.php?f=3&t=2184

Bigfoot

Post by Bigfoot » Sat May 31, 2014 9:31 pm

I have heard that saving a server as a favorite will also be a work around. From what I have heard, when saving a server as a favorite in the game, it saves the IP allowing it to connect directly and not freeze when clicking on the server. I will find out tomorrow if this is true but in the mean time, make sure you have all your favorites saved. In addition, I created a new profile in the game and marked all servers as favorite to have an up to date list. Do this today as you will not be able to tomorrow...

Hey this's X

Post by Hey this's X » Fri Jun 13, 2014 3:39 am

To my amazement, I can still Update my server list without any error! Well I don't know why but no problem has occured till now to me while updating or refreshing.

Cheers! :D

Captain Future

Post by Captain Future » Sun Jul 13, 2014 11:48 am

Whatever thanks for the server bb

JoeyBagaDonuts

Post by JoeyBagaDonuts » Mon Jan 04, 2016 7:43 am

Put this file in your Battlefield folder and install it. It will update your host file. And you will then get a server list in the game. :idea:

ftp://downloads.hkhp.us/Battlefield_194 ... atcher.exe